Virtual Testing at GEC
Please contact our office if you are interested in virtual testing since many insurance companies have resumed pre-COVID policies and are no longer allowing for virtual psychological evaluations.
For those who wish to have a virtual evaluation, an integrated system for psychological assessment services through virtual means is in place. We utilize web-based platforms via compatible devices to administer testing procedures. A benefit of virtual testing is the reduction of some of the logistic and travel concerns with onsite testing. We recognize that some individuals might not have the equipment, internet capacity, or feel comfortable utilizing virtual/internet-based assessment strategies. Face-to-face contact via video conferencing allows us to provide standardized testing and case consultation. Clinicians provide parents, guardians, and service providers with meaningful information derived from the results of virtual testing.
Note: We ask that the assessments for both the parent and child (age 8 and up) sent through email be completed in a timely manner. We would also appreciate that the referring person or entity, whenever possible, provide additional support for the completion of the process and getting all the information back to us.
What steps are we taking exactly?
- Meeting with clients via virtual meeting rooms.
- Utilizing screenshare functions to facilitate observed testing.
- Support from our clinicians and office staff offered remotely
- HIPAA compliant meetings, software and communications
- Providing physical items such as paper/pencil via mail as needed.
- Working with the parent/guardian/client regarding setup requirements
What will you need for testing?
- A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet (i.e. iPad) – cellphones are not permitted at this time.
- Stable internet connection (recommended at least 6mb/s down and 2mb/s up)
- Must be performed via home network, not public.
- An email address
- Availability to use the internet and test for at least 3 hours
- A private, distraction free environment for testing.